February 5, 2019
Dear CPJH Families,
We are seeing an increase of absences and reports of the flu in our area. We are working closely with Harris County Health Department to minimize the spread of illness. The Health Department recommends the following:
1. Stay home with a temperature of 100° F or greater.
2. Return to school ONLY if temperature is less than 100° without taking fever-reducing medications such as Tylenol, Motrin/Advil (ibuprofen), Aleve (naproxen), or aspirin.
3. Wash hands frequently and often.
4. Cover cough and avoid touching eyes, nose, or mouth.
5. Keep in mind: it is not too late to get the flu shot. The flu shot can minimize the risk of getting the flu.
Tomball ISD is closely monitoring the absences throughout the district and have been proactive with additional cleaning throughout the buildings. Harris County is assisting us to prevent the spread of illness and, according to their protocol, may call parents who have reported that their son or daughter has been diagnosed with the flu.
If you have questions regarding illnesses and attendance, please see the student handbook. Any other questions, you may contact our school nurse, Karen Landreneau at: 281-357-3281 x4811.
Attached is the Flu Guide for Parents.
Dr. Mindy Munoz
Principal, Creekside Park Junior High