Welcome to CPJHS Visual Arts Dept. 2019-20,
I am so excited to welcome back our art students for a second or third year of junior high art and look forward to all those who will join us for the first time. It is a pleasure to imagine the development our students/ kids will display in such a blink of the eye and how they encourage me as well to seek and find new avenues of learning.
I am a graduate of Maryville University where I earned a Bachelors of Arts in Art education ( K -12) and minored in Apparel Design from Rhode Island School of Design.
I have been teaching the visual arts in some capacity since 1997. This will be my 11th year of teaching in Tomball ISD. Prior to this time, I taught visual art courses K- 12 in St. Louis, MO in both public ( Ferguson, Clayton, Pacific) and private settings including my personal studio, The Backdoor Studio.
What do I love about art? It is a constant adventure into the future. In this elective, I hope you student will gain from the following objectives:
- a greater understanding of the purpose and practice of a creative mindset in all things
- an improved development of fine motor skills which helps to cultivate other areas of academic achievement
- furthering social skills by collaborative discovery/ discourse, presenting, and team building critiques.
- stretching work ethic by practicing and encouraging time on task productivity and self reflection.
- researching and gaining a greater appreciation for different cultures through the eyes of art
- incorporating individualized challenges that will help strengthen digital and hands on problem solving skills.
With your support, I look forward to further building of an exemplary and relevant visual arts program with your students and our learning community. Please let me know if you have an expertise to share or want to support the growth of our program. Please see our Visual Arts Calendar and Wishlist.
Mrs. Julie Schulte